Insurance Claims Guidelines
Iron Insurance Partners is committed to providing professional and timely service in the event of a claim, to help ensure a prompt and fair settlement.
Our partnership with our carriers provides our clients with 24-hour claims reporting and service. Our carriers are best-in-class during our client’s time of need, with highly qualified adjusters and claim centers. Together, we will work hard to ensure our clients are completely satisfied.
While claims should always be reported promptly to your insurance carrier, the below toolkit provides some general guidelines for handling an auto accident, property damage, or workers’ compensation incident. If anyone is injured, call 9-1-1 immediately and provide first aid assistance.
Types of Incidents
- Contact the police department to report the accident, but do not make any admissions about your liability.
- Don’t leave the scene until instructed by police.
- Collect contact and insurance information from those involved, including:
- Names, license plate numbers, driver’s license numbers, addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Date, time and place of the accident
- Name and address of owner of the other vehicle, if different from the driver
- Names and contact information of passengers and other witnesses
- From a safe spot, photograph any damage to vehicles and/or property, scene of accident and identification (insurance cards, license plates, etc.)
- Capture different angles, including road conditions and any other factors that may have contributed to the accident (road debris, blocked road signage, skid marks, etc.)
- Discuss accident details only with the police or your insurance carrier.
- Take appropriate steps to protect your property and ensure a smooth claims process:
- Make reasonable temporary repairs to avoid further damage
- Take pictures of the damaged property before it is repaired or discarded
- Secure windows, doors and roof damage
- Keep receipts for expenses incurred as a result of the damage to your property and track time spent on clean-up activities
- Do not remove any debris from the premises unless inspected and/or directed by the adjuster.urs
- Reporting of Incidents to OSHA:
- Work-related fatalities within 8 hours
- In-patient hospitalizations, amputations and eye losses within 24 hours
Why We’re Different
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.